Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Quick Fix

I really enjoy knitting little, tiny projects for the Instant Gratification feeling. I love bestowing little gifts on family and friends just to say "Hey, I'm thinking of you."


This Soap Holder is great. I have made quite a few of them actually, but in the tradition of, well me, there aren't any Pictures of any of those done in Peaches 'N Cream and Sugar 'N Cream. Rest assured that they were very pretty with beautiful colors. Yet, I present you with the one plain, solid color that I did in Microspun yarn.




Pattern: Quick Fix
Yarn: Lion Microspun
Needles: size 5 metal DPNs
I didn't modify the pattern, just used different materials for this one.

My reason for switching up on the yarn after making all those cotton soap holders was that the cotton has a tendency to get, well, soggy. It stretches terribly, making it possible to get about 2 or 3 bars of soap in there (I'm guessing ha ha)
Now I know that cotton is the standard for wash cloths and the such, but I wanted to experiment a bit. Another benefit of the microspun, I have noticed, is that it dries much faster than the cotton (of course.)
All in all, I like this version better. I only wished there was some variegation to the colors to make it colorful and fun like it's cotton counterparts. So though this isn't my first, it is also, not my last. I love this pattern. What a great idea for a last minute gift as well.

I did just find a pic of one of the cotton ones I made so I am going to post it.


Yarn: Sugar 'N Cream

No comments: