Monday, August 20, 2007

More Cookie A Socks

Well I can't seem to resist Cookie A's Patterns. I cast On for the Baudelaire Socks from knitty a couple of days ago.
I used the Turkish Cast On and started with twice as many stitches on purpose. I don't like the toes so narrow as I have noticed they tend to be when I follow a pattern. I also kept knitting in stockinette stitch for a few rows after the toe increases. When I did Hedera, I thought the pattern was carried too low down on the foot and I wished I had stopped earlier and done plain stockinette. I like my toes covered that way. It may look a bit odd, but it was perfect when I tried them on.
I am also, as you may have noticed, knitting them two at once. I am using the knitpicks classic circs size 1 1/2 (2.5 mm) To anyone who thinks that 32inches is too short to do magic loop, these cables are so flexible I am doing BOTH at the same time and they fit fine! This is the first time I am doing two at once. I always thought that I would have a tangled mess, because let's face it, I am not the most coordinated person in the world, but I am actually doing really well, and no tangles to boot!
This is also my first time reading a chart as I used to steer clear of them and always opted for written directions. It is a lot simpler than I thought and makes a lot of sense. Very Cool!

I'm having fun with these so far!

No comments: