Monday, July 2, 2007

Oh Mindy!...

You came and you gave without taking, so I sent you BenGay... Oh Andy!


Sorry that version of Mandy that Homer was singing from the Simpsons episode is stuck in my head and I have been walking around singing it all morning. Why do these things happen to me lol. I am not that much of a Simpsons fan. Never actually watched the show before I got married, but Mr. T is a huge Simpson ( I sometimes think he is the personification of Homer himself lol) and I have since seen most episodes so many time I can actually QUOTE them!


Oh yeah how about that for a tangent?


So, in keeping with the fact that this is supposed to be my knitting blog, despite the fact that most of my FOs don't ever make it on to a camera, I guess I should post some things.


Well, Google was doing this thing with their Google Checkout where they gave you $10 to use with an online store if you signed up for them. Of course upon seeing that there was YARN, I had to sign up. I searched some of the stores on the list and found Tropical Yarns. Since I liked it before when I used it, I bought some sockotta for $10 plus $2 shipping. All I had to pay was the shipping. Woohoo! Even though I wasn't sure which colorway I was getting, the description said pinks and purples and I was too lazy to actually look up the color. I am a fan of pink so I thought why not. I should have looked it up, because as it turned out it was more purple than pink. But hey $2 for sock yarn? I am so not complaining!
I Cast on with the same formula as the other Sockotta sock I made.

Yarn: PLymouth Sockotta (Purple/pink)
Needles: 2.25 DPNs, Bamboo
Pattern: Basic Top-Down Sock Recipe - CO 64 stitches and work in 2x2 rib on cuff and carried down top of foot. Heel Flap with garter stitch edge a la SKS.

Sized to fit size 9 1/2 woman's shoe

I have to admit I am having some trouble with the needles right now since it is summer time and a bit hot/humid. I have sweaty hands naturally, so the bamboo is sticking to me terribly. I might have to put this on the back burner for a bit until it cools off as I don't have any metal needles in this size.

No comments: