Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Beautiful Niece!

So my big brother Kevin is now a Daddy!!!
I of course started knitting a baby blanket the moment I heard the wonderful news that they were expecting.
The baby is now here and I just wanted to post a picture of the blanket. My beautiful Cheyenne, I fell head over heels in love with her. I got to meet her when she was just a day old. I am completely smitten and only wish I was still in Arizona to enjoy her some more!:)







Yarn: Lion Pound of Love
Pattern: Pinwheel Blanket from the Knit list
Needles: Boye interchangable size US 9
This was so simple and enjoyable. Perfect mindless knitting. For the border, I increased every stitch, then did about an inch of seed stitch for the ruffle. I see many people have done the same.
I am very happy with this.

Of course I couldn't resist posting an action shot. Told you I am smitten.
Cheyenne at 12 days old.
Blanket is being held purl side up.

No comments: